Difference between revisions of "Minibus details"

From USMC Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(General Information)
(General Information)
Line 24: Line 24:
Roof rack
Roof rack
Another Old Ford Transit derived 15 seater minibus
Another Old Ford Transit derived 15 seater minibus
Has similar character
Has similar character

Latest revision as of 19:45, 9 November 2011

Minibuses are used for club trips and social events

General Information

Union minibus fleet is as follows, the buses are known by most by the last 3 letters on their number plate, for instance LLX or KPG.

Current fleet

VXW 15 seater extra long wheelbase hi-top Ford Transit derived minibus, with diasabled access lift (that doesn't work). Handles well, spongey brakes. Has removable seats which are almost impossible to replace

LLX Has roof rack - 9 Seater Renault Trafic Van (suitable for European trips), good at falling apart.

H: 2.3m

L: 5.2M

YAF Old Ford Transit derived 15 seater minibus Has character as an estate agent might say Roof rack

EOL Another Old Ford Transit derived 15 seater minibus Has similar character Roofrack

13 Seater - 15 seat minibus size with 2 seats removed = ideal gear wagon

9 Seater Transit/Toureno

3 seater Ford Transit actual Van

Flirt Car

Kendal Hire Vans If the union doesn't have enough they get us a Kendals van, these are generally the smallest engined (cheapest) minibus possible and often for extra fun automatic. They only have one type of minibus so it's not the unions fault. Kendal cars are located on the Aldershot Road near to the Shell petrol station, they have to be picked up from here. 12 seater cost ~£100 from Friday 5pm to 8am Monday


KPG, KPE - Ford transits - we loved you.

DVX - Iveco Daily 'Split Van' - some loved, some hated. Full of character...wobbly engine mount, poor brakes, poor electrics, no acceleration. Came with spare gear knob, just in case.

MTO, MTU - Renault Masters - we hated you and the lease company removed you from our midsts (after one was driven in to a low bridge).

What to do for UK trips

Buses must be booked by a comittee member, using the form <here -link needs adding>. They can be booked up to 1 month in advance and it's best to do this a month in advance as most of them are normally booked out to BUSA events at weekends. Annual dinner has been problematic before with toher clubs managing to book all buses before us!

The trips also require a lovely health and safety form to be filled in, along with a trip itinary (climbing), group list and location to keep the union happy. The H&S form should work for all trips, so it's not so bad to e-mail over a list of names and the address of barn/camp site.

What to do for Euro trips

These need organising well in advance as the union has to prepare paperwork for the buses, LLX is leased so it's more complicated <other van> isn't so bad. The union will take care of the paperwork as long as it's booked far enough in advance, to drive in France you require these things;

Spare bulbs


High Vis Jacket

Insurance and MOT details

Magical lease ownership form (LLX only)

Minimum of 2 drivers